McCO uses proven instructional design and cross-cultural communication methods to design comprehensive, dynamic, and responsive training programs that effectively build and transfer critical skills.
Our team of recognized, multidisciplinary technical experts come from academia, policy, and technical posts and leverage their knowledge and experience as trainers, facilitators, and curriculum developers to assist clients to strengthen the capacity of organizations to fulfill their missions. We work intensively with the client to conduct needs assessments, fine tune the learning approach, and then design curriculum and dynamic teaching methods that will ensure knowledge transfer and retention.
McCO understands that adults acquire and retain knowledge in a variety of ways, and have honed an andragogical approach to instructional design that ensures the technical expertise and life experiences of our adult learner course participants is utilized to enhance the effectiveness of the learning environment. McCO's training and capacity tool kit includes blended learning approaches, instructor-led (synchronous) and self-guided (asynchronous) learning, utilization of exercises, case studies, flipped classrooms, capstone projects, and other methods for ensuring adult learners stay engaged and retain the knowledge being transferred.
McCO regularly delivers both live in-person and remote online delivery of training programs and can adapt and move between the two approaches rapidly, based on the evolving needs of our clients.
Select Projects and Results
- Led the design and development of a collection of artisanal craft products for production at three IDP camps in Northern Iraq, including design and delivery of skills training programs in quilt and jewelry making for IDP women, production plans, specifications sheets, quality control procedures, and management procedures.
- Built the capacity of a local NGO in Iraq working to provide humanitarian aid to Yezidi women and children and conduct robust international advocacy work on Yezidi issues at the UN and major governments. Engaged diaspora groups to support advocacy efforts.
- Delivered intensive and interactive training in the culture, politics, economy, and customs of Afghanistan for a U.S. federal client.
- Executed business analysis for social enterprise and subject matter expertise to a project designed to accelerate quality jewelry production by artisans in Kabul. Oversaw product iterations and scaling workshop capacity.
- Facilitated and supported a local membership organization formed to support female entrepreneurs to develop and execute a long term strategic advocacy plan.