McColm & Company delivers essential, data-based insights and innovative thinking that help our clients make informed, evidence and data-based decisions.
McCO captures and delivers essential, data based insights that help our clients make the right decisions, based on data and ground truth. Our analysis establishes clear baselines and changes over time to provide clarity and guidance to decisions makers on program effectiveness, impact, and outcomes.
McColm and Company uses high-quality research to respond to a wide variety of human development issues and generate evidence that is used to determine effective program interventions. Most importantly, we believe it is important to understand the motivations and cultural context of a project, so we partner with local organizations to do complex cultural analyses and need assessments. We then create customized, integrated solutions to produce meaningful and useful results for the human development issues addressed by our projects.
At McCO, we partner with Subject Matter Experts from higher education and research institutions to collaboratively provide evidence-driven insights to clients and drive program results. We provide civil service organizations, government agencies, service providers, and international organizations with the information, tools, and technical assistance they need to address complex development challenges through evidence-based policies and high-quality interventions.
Select Projects and Results
- Supporting third party monitoring efforts at a U.S. Embassy to support the monitoring of grants to local and international organizations.
- Conducted a year long study and econometric analysis to learn more about how U.S. small businesses are utilizing YouTube to market their businesses for the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Conducted a comprehensive literature review to understand the forces and factors inhibiting the growth of Woman Owned Small Businesses in the United States for the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Conducted local market assessment in Northern Iraq at three camps for internally displaced persons (IDPs) to provide data and analysis for a jobs creation activity aimed at creating incomes for vulnerable women displaced by ISIS.
- Conducted OFAC Specially Designated National (SDN) research of local partners for a U.S. private sector client.
- Assessed the organizational capacity and production capacity of a Karachi-based not-for-profit social enterprise seeking a partnership and potential impact investment from a U.S. client. Conducted field work in rural areas of Sindh province, market assessment, and demand analysis for craft products produced by the NGO. Provided the client with comprehensive and objective data for informed decision making.
- Conducted cost/benefit and market analysis for an NGO seeking to launch a for-profit social enterprise as a strategy for eliminating donor reliance in funding organizational overhead costs.